Can you use facial cleanser for oily skin with acne? How to improve and treat acne on oily skin? Here are the steps to follow:
1. Choosing the right facial cleanser: During acne breakouts, it is important to keep your face clean. Opt for a medical skincare brand that offers cleansing facial creams suitable for your skin type. If your skin is oily, select an oil-control facial cleanser for a thorough cleanse. However, excessive cleansing can damage the skin barrier, so be cautious.
2. Improving habits: Avoid over-washing your face; washing it twice a day is sufficient. Frequent washing stimulates sebum secretion, causing the sebaceous glands to overcompensate and produce more oil. Also, avoid habits such as consuming oily, spicy, or sweet foods, irregular sleep patterns, and staying up late.
3. Eat fruits and vegetables: Incorporate fruits and vegetables into your diet. They are rich in essential vitamins and do not convert into excess fat. Cucumber and watermelon, for example, can provide hydration and help control oil.
4. Stay hydrated: Especially in dry weather, the skin loses moisture quickly, prompting the sebaceous glands to produce more oil. Keep your skin hydrated by drinking enough water throughout the day, particularly when sweating.
5. Use appropriate skincare products: Choose lightweight and moisturizing gels or lotions that do not burden the skin. Alcohol-based toners can help tighten pores and disinfect the skin, benefiting oily skin. However, avoid alcohol-based products if you have sensitive oily skin.